Monday, August 2, 2010

California Pizza Kitchen Pear and Gorgonzola Copycat


Every time I go to California Pizza Kitchen, I get the same pizza-and I always get crap from my sister about how weird it is, but it's sooo good! I looked at a couple recipes online that were similar and came up with this:


Start with a good wheat pizza dough recipe. (Click here for mine).


Use a TBS or so of canola oil mixed with dill to rub on the dough.


Cover with a layer of sliced provolone cheese, about half a pear's worth (sliced), and a hearty sprinkling of Gorgonzola cheese.


Add some chopped dry-roasted almonds...


And bake at 425 for 16 to 20 minutes (or until the cheese begins to brown). Top with spinach or fresh mixed greens tossed in Lighthouse Pear and Gorgonzola Dressing. Not quite like the restaurant but still soooo good!

1 comment:

  1. Pears? PEARS? Ok I guess I will have to try this....but its got pears....Ok ;-)

    ReplyDelete